- 2½ pounds chicken wings (about 20)
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- ¼ cup Grade A maple syrup (Grade B for a deeper flavor)
- 2 Tbsp. white or yellow miso
- 2 Tbsp. blackstrap or sorghum molasses
- Celery sticks and blue cheese dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange chicken wings on greased baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, then turn wings over. Bake another 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make sauce: In a large saucepan, bring lemon juice and zest, tamari, syrup, miso, and molasses to a simmer, cooking until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes (it can quickly burn, so keep whisking). Turn off heat.
3. Add the wings to the saucepan, and toss (using tongs) until coated. Transfer to a platter, and serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.