- 1 baguette
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups leftover turkey
- 1/3 pound Roquefort cheese (or another blue cheese)
- 1 whole pear, thinly sliced lengthwise (remove any seeds)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Honey, for garnish
- Minced chives, for garnish
1. Preheat the broiler. Slice the baguette in half crosswise; then each in half again lengthwise. Generously butter the cut sides. Place cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and broil until browned, just a couple of minutes.
2. Remove bread from oven, and divide half the Roquefort among the slices. Then divide the turkey, pear, and remaining Roquefort evenly as well. Return to the oven and broil until cheese starts to bubble and pear is soft, another couple of minutes.
3. Toast walnuts in a dry pan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Finely chop toasted nuts, and sprinkle over the tartines, along with a drizzle of honey and a smattering of chives.